Friday, 15 January 2016

5 Resons I should not be called a beauty guru.

I always feel the word beauty guru is always thrown around everywhere. I mean I get called it on a daily basis but so would people like Charlotte Tilbury or Bobbi Brown and I just feel I am not on their level at all, so god knows why I would be called a beauty guru. I thought now would be the perfect time to briefly explain why I Georgi Simpson should not be called a Beauty Guru.

1.  I am always behind with giving out my information. I mean sometimes its months before any of you hear from me. But I promise I am trying to get better (she says for the 100th time).

2. Sometimes I don't follow the advise I give. I am very much one of those 'Do as I say not as I do' people. Don't get me wrong I do follow 99.9% of what I preach but sometimes I do let things slip a bit. What? I am only human?

3. I don't follow other bloggers. Now this may actually be the most shocking thing I say but the truth is, I don't. Mainly I don't want to be influenced by other peoples opinions/ideas. I feel if I did follow other bloggers I would always have in the back of my head 'Oh so and so did that 3 months ago. I cant do that, I don't want to seem a copy cat.'

4. I never went to beauty school. That's right I never did, although I did go to a few courses on beauty I never fully went to beauty school. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about beauty. I mean I actually train people who have been to it. I taught myself everything from makeup to how to analyse skin. With the help of a few tutors obviously. 

5. I still haven't learnt everything. I think there is no point in any ones life where they can say I know absolutely everything about that one subject. I am constantly learning new things everyday about beauty and I hope I continue to do just that. 

I would love to hear what you guys think makes a good beauty guru so do leave a comment or tweet me in the box on the left.