Hello everyone, happy Monday!! Although I personally am never happy on a Monday I just hate them. Anyway lost track a bit there, today's post is about a subject that is very dear to me which is home made beauty products. I absolutely love making my own products, mainly because you know everything that goes into it as you put it in. But also I feel that because you can tailor it to suite you in any way, that they work a lot better. So today I Will be sharing one of my favorite cleanser recipes as well as what eash ingredient will do for your skins, so that if you do come to make it you can take things out that don't mean anything to you or even add more of the things you need.
You will need:
50ml of full fat milk
5 Mint leaves (No Stalk)
1. To start off you will need to cut your cucumber into a 5cm piece, then peel and chap that piece. Cucumber is absolutely incredible at reducing the size of pores, improving complexion,reduce puffy eyes and dark circles. It is also brilliant at getting rid of cellulite!
2. Put the milk, cucumber and mint leaves into the blender and mix until it is a smooth liquid. Milk is absolutely brilliant at removing all your impurities as well as balancing the oils in your skin. The mint leaves are really the part in this that makes it an amazing cleanser. Mint is a exceptional anti-inflammatory and also is really good re hydrating your skin, so this is brilliant for anyone who has problematic skin.
3. After you have mixed it so it is really smooth it should look the same as milk now. Now you can add the grapefruit extract. The Grapefruit extract is going to be the part where your skin is getting everything it needs. It is absolutely packed with Vit C,A and B1 so with this you can add a little (5 drops) or a lot (15 drops) it is totally up to you and what you feel your skin needs. Then quickly mix this in with the blender.
4. After this you will need to slowly simmer this for two minutes and then allow to cool until it is cold.
5. After it is completely cool you will need to strain it through a bit of kitchen roll to get rid of all the lump and bumps. You will then see it turn completely back to milk (that smells incredible!)
6. After all of that you can then put it into a clean container and store it in the fridge and it will be good for the next week.
That is it! It is a really simple recipe but has a lot of benefits. I hope you love it as much as I do.