Sunday, 7 February 2016

5 Myths about Psychics - Psychic Sundays


Hello everyone and welcome to another Psychic Sunday! This week I have been asked almost everyday something utterly ridiculous about what psychics do. I mean some of them are just shocking. It made me realise that not everyone actually knows that almost 90% of what they see on TV are completely untrue about us. So I thought I would put a list together of utterly ridiculous myths about psychics.

1. We can 'Cast' spells - Now for some reason people actually believe in witches and witchcraft. I am totally not saying that you shouldn't or it is bad in anyway what so ever I mean who am I to talk? But I think people believe that anything to do with the 'Unknown' means that we have some power over things that they can not see. I am asked on a weekly basis if I can put a spell on someone. I can not even begin to tell you the clients shock when they find out I cant and wont.

2. We can read minds - I find it shocking that I actually have to say this but no we can not read your mind. Trust me half the time we don't want to either. You get this a lot with middle aged men surprisingly, once they over hear that you are a psychic you then proceed to get the very predictable questions of 'Come on then what am I thinking right now?' and 'What number am I thinking of?'. 

3. We are 'On' all the time - This one I actually totally get that not many people will understand. The easiest way to explain this is with a light switch. When it is on we can hear/see/feel things that people say are not there. When it is off we are totally normal everyday people. Now we have total control of the on and off switch normally on a daily basis but sometimes when our emotions are running high or we are ill or even just going through something really stress full the switch can turn off without us being able to do anything about it. The only way it can turn back on is after we have resolved whatever is going on and have found peace within ourselves over it. 

4. We will always tell you somthing bad is about to happen during a reading- This is very untrue!  I can tell you now in about 100 readings I have never said anything bad or what the client wasnt ready to hear. The point of a reading is not to find out how you are going to be in the future e.g where you will live, the name of your future partner. It is more of a self devolpment thing, we will guide you through whatever it is you are going through at this moment and show you how to get to the other side of it. 

5. Being a Psychic must be terrifiying! - This one is actually told to me on a daily basis, actually first told to me by my mother after we learnt I was in fact Psychic. It is not terrifiying at all, I have never been scared by anything I have seen/heard or felt as my spirit guides would never let that happen. What I am trying to say is that you will never have anything happen to you that you where not ready for.