Monday, 29 February 2016

February Favorites

Yes, it is that time of the month where you lucky people get to see what I have been loving all month. This month has been a bit of a stressful month for me personally with a lot of drama! So as you can probably see my favorites this month really represents this. To start off there was LFW AW16 which as a lot of you know is, in fact, one of the most stressful weeks ever. But on top of that, I have been dealing with a lot of family issues. Because of all this, My skin has completely broken out again with spots. So much so that two days ago I in fact went and had a facial peel to help. Which by the way I totally forgot how good they are! So if you do have any skin problems I 100% recommend going to get a skin peel. 


Starting off at the left side of the picture, I have been obsessed with beauty blenders blotterazzi. I have to admit when it was first launched I was a bit of a skeptic about it. I thought it was going to be a big flop and that every time you used it you would have to wet it. But I love that I was wrong. It is just brilliant no matter what state my makeup is in during the day it will buff it all together and get it flawless again. Another thing I was a bit skeptic about was luminous's Colour mask, I have been looking for a really nice hydrating mask for my hair for god knows how long. I have gone through all the usual brands and still havnt found anything. Then I came across this little thing and now use it every sunday (my pamper day). I will admit that the only reason I did actually want to try it is because it smells delicous, but after using it my hair felt as if it was baby's hair, It was so soft and smooth and actually has pretty much stopped and split ends coming. 

Next in line is, in fact, my fashion week life saver Body Shop's Peppermint cooling foot spray. One thing about fashion week which I think a lot of people forget is that it involves a lot of standing around waiting and a lot of running between shows. Whilst wearing really uncomfortable (but fashionable) shoes. So as you can imagine your feet get very saw by the end of the day and feel like they are going to fall off at the end of the week. But not anymore! This is definitely a cure for fashion week feet. I actually was given this particular bottle at Fashion Scout in the goody bag at a show and it has not left my side since. The best way to describe it is like one of those icy patches you were given at school but in spray form. It also smells like peppermint which is a bonus.
The next three actually come basically in a series for me. Due to me having a skin peel this month my skin has been messed up for a bit. Basically, when you have a peel like mine which is the strongest one a beautician can do, your skin will obviously react after. To start off your skin will peel, now when I say peel I don't mean a little I mean a lot. Kind of like those face masks you peel off. So to help this and to also make it look less gross, you need to hydrate your face. So to do this I have been using my favorite hydrating product in the world which is a hydrating B5 serum. Lots of companies do actually make this particular serum and the different ones I have tried all seem to be the same. After I have hydrated my face I will then put on a suntan lotion of AT LEAST SPF 50. I do this every day anyway as I'm sure you all know how important it is. But just after I have had a peel I will reapply it as much as possible. The reason behind this is the peel itself will remove a layer of your skin which isn't as well protected as the layer you had there before. Lastly, I will put on my primer at the moment I am using Shu ueruma foam primer. For me at the moment, I am not that concerned about my makeup lasting and all that as my skin is still so sensitive that I am not really wearing a lot of makeup anyway. For me its all about the weight of it and I can tell you now you can not feel this primer on at all. 

Lastly, we have my two favorite eye shadows of the month which is Illamasquas black eye shadow in Obsidian and Mac's eyeshadow in Copper Plate. This is my go to look when I am in a rush which all this month I have been. Basically, all I do is put Copper Plate all over my eye and drag it up to my brow bone and then blend Obsidian into my crease and done.