Friday, 12 February 2016

Perfect Base for makeup



Hello everyone, I'm beginning to think I need a new way to start my posts as I always start them the say way.. Anyway today's post is all about finding the perfect base for your makeup, the base for your makeup is without a doubt one of the most important steps that you can not avoid EVER!

So lets start with perhaps one of the biggest and best reasons you should be using a primer at all times. It seals your pores obviously this isn't forever and only a temporary fix but as many of you know even the smallest pores can look huge when you wear a liquid foundation. Pretty much every primer you can but will seal your pores although there are a few that will go that one step further and actually make them totally invisible.

The next reason would be the fact that it keeps your makeup on at least 2x longer than it would without. The way it does this is by actually creating a shield over your entire face and stopping sweat coming through. I'm telling you now sweat is the number one killer of all makeup. 

So I think now we have pretty much figured out that primer is an incredible invention and that we should all thank Estee Lauder for inventing it (Your welcome for that fun fact of the day!). But one thing about it that people didn't often realise is that it is actually really good just on its own. This obviously being the days you want to be wearing no makeup, because of the properties it has such as the reducing of pores and also reducing redness it makes a brilliant "Foundation" for those non makeup days. I have listed below a few primers you should really give a go as well as my rating and opinion on them. Enjoy. 

Bare Minerals - Prime Time - ❤ ❤
This particular primer I am finding really finding hard to like, I have had it for a while and have been playing around with it. Don't get me wrong it is really good in some ways for example it would be brilliant if you have dry skin. But for me as someone with oily it just is not working.

Benefit -Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer - ❤
Much like most of benefits products I really have never gotten on with this primer. I found it to be really sticky and a lot like putting was on your face, it also never stuck to your face, at all. But it would to stick to everything else so there's that.

Illamasqua -Matte Primer - ❤ ❤ ❤ 
This was actually my first primer I ever brought, so as you can imagine it holds a very special place in my heart. So I brought this around the time I was 13 and decided that having a completely Matt face was the coolest thing ever and when I say Matt I mean matte. For some reason this was the only primer I could ever find that actually made my foundation look like I had already covered it in powder before I actually had. 

Urban Decay -Primer Potion -❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Without a doubt this should be the only primer you should ever own for your eyes. My god I don't know what they make this stuff out of but it never moves. Ever. That is all I am going to say about this one. 

Illamasqua -Matte Veil - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
If you are part of the Illmafia like I am this is very much a cult favourite. If only I had this when I was 13!! As it is just a Matt miracle in a pot, It also smells like sweets which I know the inventor David Hourne is very found of!! 

I'm really sorry there where no pictures for that last part but for some reason technology decided to fail me and they just wouldn't go where they need to be, so they got deleted by a very impatient me.