Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Tips for Acne Sufferers

One thing growing up with acne is I always felt like there was too much advice. I know that it sounds weird but there was always so many people telling me so many things that always contradicted each other. So I thought I would share the things that I have tried and tested and really helped me.


Tieing your hair up
It is such a small thing but my god it made a difference, keeping the hair off your face prevents the grease in your hair going onto your skin making spots even if you have just washed it. Also, if you have a fringe try and keep it off your skin for a bit, or until you skin is cleared up. 

Moisturiser for days
Believe me, when I say the more moisturiser you put on your face the better. In some cases, people actually get spots because your skin in actually dehydrated and to hydrate itself your skin produces more oil and in turn makes more spots. So try and moisturise as much as possible. 

Don't be afraid to talk to a doctor
If you feel your skin is really bad and you are getting to the point of thinking there is no cure don't be afraid to talk to someone about it. They won't turn you away or prescribe you with billions of pills but they will help with everything they can to help you. 

Don't be fooled by overnight fixes
No matter what people say or how amazing it would be. But there are no overnight fixes for acne. It has nothing to do with the spots you currently have on your face it is a hormone that needs basically teaching to behave. 

It's not because you have eaten too much fast food
Lots of people actually think that acne is from eating too much McDonalds. But it has nothing to do with that at all. If you adapted your diet to healthier food then yes you would see your skin clear up a bit, but you will still have acne. As I said before it is a hormone condition.