Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Packing tips for makeup

When traveling abroad one of the most heartbreaking things that could in fact ruin the whole trip is opening your suitcase only to find your foundation has exploded all over your clothes and your palette's completely smashed. 



Wrap all palette's in bubble wrap
This has to be one of the oldest tricks in the book, which obviously works incredibly well as people are still using it. But this is something that whether I am traveling around the world or just into Shoreditch for a photoshoot I always do. I mean it is easily fixable but I don't know about all of you but to me, it never feels the same.

Seal all 'Spillables'
This is something that can take 5 minutes to do all your makeup. Get a really strong cello-tape or masking tape and just seal all edges on any liquid makeup. I love doing this because I know without a doubt anything I have packed is going to be completely safe from having pale foundation all over and  as I wear a lot of a black this is a bit of a worry.

Invest in a good makeup bag
A lot of the time when you have bad spills or cracked powders it is due to the bag you are using being absolutely rubbish. So it is definitely a good idea to invest in a good one. The things to look for are waterproof lining so if you do have a spill you can wipe it all out. Something that is really important as well is a really good seal on your bag. I am talking a double zip here.