Sunday, 20 November 2016

Working at events - Psychic Sunday's


It is Sunday!! It is my favourite day of the week, the day that I can slob around in my pyjamas, put a face pack on and not give a damn about anything. It is also the home of my favourite blog post of the week, Psychic Sunday's. It feels forever ago that we both sat down and went through something spiritual. However, I promise you it is something that I am very much a part of, In fact, I am more a part of it than ever before. As many of you know for the past year I have been working as a reader at the world renown Psychic Sisters London and recently they sent me out into the big scary world to represent them at a huge event. As you can imagine this was pretty terrifying for me as I had never worked at an event this huge before. Sure I have worked at events before, but NEVER one of this magnitude.

Because I know you all so well now, I can admit to you that I was absolutly terrified. It is one thing being a reader and reading people everyday, but it is a completly different situation when you are the person going up to guest for a reading. I think maybe I have been a bit spoilt in a way, I have never had to go up to people and pitch myself to them. I have always had a middle man whether it be a person or a short bio, something that pitches for me. So for me going up to people and having to prove my self in a way, absolutely terrified me.

To prepare my self for this entire thing I went through a lot, I started my countdown at 4pm knowing that I had to be at the event at 9pm. I actually begun my prep with an 40 minute long bath. Yes, you read that right. It was without a doubt the longest bath I have ever had in my life, but what can I say when I am nervous I like to have a bath. After that I ate, one huge part of my process of reading people is actually having a full stomach. I couldn't for the life of me tell you why this is but for me it works. Everyone is always in debate about this factor within the Psychic community. I know plenty of people who say that when you are reading you must be fasting, or you can only have clean food. For me none of this works. I have to be full and happy.  Which brings me onto my next step of getting ready for an event, I then had a nap. I know this is a weird thing for a 19 year old to do at 7pm on a Tuesday night but again it is something that helps calm me down and open me up.

Unfortunately I can't give you any information about the event itself! I know, it's shit, I'm sorry. But I can tell you I had an amazing time and that once I got there everyone was so good at calming my nerves.